Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Top 5 Songs I Could Live with Never Hearing Again, Courtesy of 104.5

Dear 104.5,

I love you, really I do. But please, PLEASE, for the LOVE OF GOD, stop playing the following songs:

5. Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings

4. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

3. Nirvana - You Know You're Right

2. Nirvana - Rape Me

1. Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box

I know, I know. Nirvana was a huge deal and inspired lots of people blah blah blah, Kurt Cobain, blah blah blah. I DON'T CARE. That's enough. And you can't use the excuse "we're only playing it more often because it was 20 years ago that Nirvana played their first show in Philadelphia." Yeah, okay. Maybe that warrants like one song. But you've been playing Nirvana constantly since your very first day as a radio station. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, 104.5. But as a contemplated writing this post, "Rape me" came on. And here we are.

And stop playing that Smashing Pumpkins song, too.

Love,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment